I love Instagram (the way it connects people and the geotagging is nice to see where these gorgeous photos are taken)!
In fact, according to Beautiful Destinations founder, Jeremy Jauncey, there are around 353 million travel related posts on Instagram – with many users tagging their locations on their uploads.
Instagram has revealed its top geotagged locations of 2015, and one thing was for certain – tourists love Disney, with four of the five parks featuring in the top 20 results.
It is cool to see that I had a chance to go to some of these this year! I was surprised that the Sydney Opera House was not on the list!
Which ones did you go to?
Here are the 20 most popular locations photographed on Instagram this year:
1. Disneyland — Anaheim, California
2. Times Square — New York, New York
3. Central Park — New York, New York
4. The Eiffel Tower — Paris, France
The Eiffel Tower welcomes almost seven million visitors a year (around 75 per cent of whom are foreigners)
5. Walt Disney World — Bay Lake, Florida
6. Musée du Louvre — Paris, France
In 2014, the Louvre was the most visited museum in the world, welcoming 9.3 million tourists
7. Dodgers Stadium — Los Angeles, California
8. Santa Monica Pier — Santa Monica, California
The original Santa Monica Pier was built in 1909, and a second, connected, pier was later built in 1916, which now is considered the Santa Monica Pier that we know today
9. Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
10. Red Square — Moscow, Russia
11. Universal Studios — Los Angeles, California
12. Siam Paragon — Bangkok, Thailand
13. Ibirapuera Park — São Paulo, Brazil
14. Yankee Stadium — New York, New York
15. Metropolitan Museum of Art — New York, New York
16. Golden Gate Bridge — San Francisco, California
17. Brooklyn Bridge — New York, New York
18. Empire State Building — New York, New York
The Empire State Building is highly popular and this could be due to the fact it was the world’s tallest free-standing structure until 1967 and the world’s tallest skyscraper for over 40 years
19. Tokyo Disneyland — Tokyo, Japan
20. Disneyland Paris — Paris, France